Friday, September 16, 2011

Announcing Weekend Creations and some DIYs

DIY Monogram Mugs via Design Mom
This feels like the first weekend in a really long time that Andrew and I haven't traveled somewhere or had guests over.  I absolutely love the traveling and the guests, but I am SO excited to have a weekend of chill relaxation.  Especially if it stays chilly outside- Cozy!

With all of this free time, I have big dreams of reading books, crafting, and working on the shop.  The weekend is open to create. Create thoughts. Create crafts. Create fun.  With this in mind, I wanted to challenge you, all of my readers to create something this weekend.  It's great for the mind and soul and sometimes takes an intentional effort.  Then send me a photo of what you have created and I will feature you next Friday in a new "Weekend Creations" column that I will be starting next week.  (I'll even add a link to your shop or blog!)  It can be a blog post, a fun date idea, room decor, or a craft... you are free to interpret as you will.  You can email me photos (or leave a link to your blog if it shows the creation) at agirlandherscout@gmail.com Be sure to tell your friends!

To kick it off, here are some great DIYs from around the web for you to kick-start your new commitment to create!


Monogram Mugs via Design Mom

Treat Stands via the Crafting Chicks- Perfect for an extra touch to any party!

Awesome Candle Holders made using Water Balloons

Felt Flower Pins- Perfect for fall accessorizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment