Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Artist Highlight: Kev Photography


This week, A Girl and Her Scout is hosting Kevin from Kev Photography.  He has a great interview and a HUGE discount.  Read: 50% off so be sure to check it out!  

Hi Kevin! Welcome! Tell us a little bit about yourself and your photography. Hi Allison! Thank you. I'm a graduate student getting a PhD in Physics (I've been in school forever!). And yes, that does mean that I'm a legit science geek. The photography in my Etsy shop primarily comes from my travels, which means that I have a bit of everything in there.
 

Besides all of the photography you have in your Etsy store, what else do you like to do? I enjoy exploring new parts of the world and capturing the beauty of the people, animals, nature, and human engineering that I encounter. My passion is to learn, so I enjoy taking up new hobbies that are both in the artistic realm and outside of it. For example, I tried my hand at sailing this year, as well as making jewelery for the first time.


What first drew you to photography? Well, my photography was initially borne from documenting my travels while I was backpacking across Europe some years back. After my trip, I realized how much I enjoyed taking pictures and voila! I started playing with my camera all the time and eventually I became better able to frame scenes and capture moments.



Where do you find your subjects?  Lately, I've been drawn towards portrait photography and still lifes. That means asking friends and finding creative ways to photograph objects in my everyday life.


Where else can we find you?

You can follow me online on a few websites:




In addition, until October 31, 2011 he will be offering a 50% discount to all A Girl and Her Scout readers! YAY!!! Just use key word “girlandherscout" at check out to receive your discount.

1 comment: