It's time for some more helpful tips for you Etsy sellers out there!
Today, I am going to take a look at the monstrous social media outlet known as Facebook. Social media like Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and blogs are GREAT ways to reach a lot of potential customers quickly and a great way to give another face to your shop. You can add more personal details, network with customers and fellow Etsians, etc. Thus, I HIGHLY recommend creating a Facebook Page for your shop if you don't already have one. If you don't, it's really easy. Today, I won't go into that, but you can easily find the directions here.
So let's assume you have a Facebook page representing your shop... but what should you put on it and why? The obvious answer is product photos so customers can learn all about you. I TOTALLY recommend this and need to add some more to my new Facebook page (it's just a day old for hoop~da~loop though I had another for my vintage shop), but adding photos all the time is time consuming. You have to find them on your computer, wait for them to upload, add captions..... lots of stuff.
A really easy supplement (notice I don't say alternative) is to add a "My Etsy" button to your side bar on your page. "My Etsy" buttons create a tab within your page that shows your current Etsy shop with its current products. Photos and all! That sounds great! How do I add it you ask?
Just follow these simple instructions!
(Before I go further, if you do not have a business page and don't want to create one, you can still add this fun App to your personal Facebook page which you should do!)
1) Search in your Facebook search bar for the "My Etsy" App. You will be directed to a screen that looks like the screen shot below. Click on "Add to My Page"
2) It will ask you what "Page" you want to add your My Etsy to. I recommend adding it to your business page and your personal page. For now, I will go with the business page instructions. It will automatically add it to your page once you select it. So head over there and click on your new "My Etsy" button (cause we aren't done quite yet). It's that little orange button on the left hand side bar.
3) This will bring you to a screen that asks for your Etsy username. Simply type it in as it appears on Etsy.
4) Then choose if you want to include just your shop or your favorites as well. Because this was my business page, I wanted it to be clear and straightforward so I only added my shop. Of course, do as you please. (I always add shout-outs and reviews of other stores on my blog which I link to my Facebook page so I drum in that extra traffic that way.)
5) Click "Create My Etsy Tab" and there you have it! Your Etsy store via Facebook with easy to use Share buttons and Facebook networking buttons right there. This will definitely bring more traffic to your store and more traffic = more sales! You can check mine out over here. Do you have a Facebook? Send me the link so I can check it out!
PS- Did you know that if you have 25 fans on your Facebook page you can customize the web url (web address) to include the funky ID code? That How-To to come!