Monday, September 13, 2010

Allergies :(


Sorry for the lack of posts last week. I was down and out with more allergy problems, but my brand new NetiPot has saved my life!

I was tired of taking medicine and wanted to take a more natural route to cure my allergy blues. I try to fight my seasonal allergies (that have been much worse in Knoxville) naturally by taking organic multivitamins, making my own cleaning supplies and detergent that do not contain artificial fragrances, and eating local honey (consuming the allergens naturally in honey because that's what bees eat- helps your body learn how to defend against them in airborne form like getting a vaccine), all of which help, but this incoming fall weather has been killing me on the allergy front so I invested only about $12 into a NetiPot. It is a natural nasal irrigation system where you clean out your nasal passages (gross right? but oh so good!) with an all natural saline solution. It will totally clear out all that nasty snot and supposedly (and thus far I believe the claims) if used on a once daily basis, will help if not completely conquer even severe allergies caused by the great outdoors.
So up for some natural, simple living people?
My answer is a resounding YES!


And thanks to the Netipot, I'm back this week with another Artist Highlight and some *hopefully* inspiring thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Yes!! Neti pots are the absolute best. You can also treat yourself to some delicious herbal tea to fight off those itchy, watery membranes:
    chamomile, nettle, thyme, fenugreek, eyebright, peppermint, red rooibos, and ephedra are all excellent choices.

    ReplyDelete